Propane grills make outdoor cooking as easy as enjoyable. Keep the mood light and the good times rolling with these few propane grilling safety tips:
- Follow the grill manufacturer’s instructions. Make the manual your go-to resource!
- Position the grill in a safe location. Keep it level and clear of flammables (including overhangs and outdoor furniture).
- Check for leaks. Check at the beginning of the season and every time you hook up a new tank. Be sure to watch the “If You Suspect a Gas Leak” video on this page.
- Follow the manufacturer’s proper lighting procedures. Follow the manufacturer’s lighting instructions, and with all grill models, keep the lid open and don’t lean over the grill when lighting it.
- Follow proper relighting procedures. Turn off the gas and refer to your owner’s manual. Keep the lid open and wait at least 15 minutes before relighting.
- Stay with the grill. Never leave your grill unattended.